Smoke Free Day 25.
That’s right. No more Chantix. I’m not sure that is a good or bad thing. From what I’ve been reading I think it is a good thing. I am grateful for not smoking today. There are several reasons why:
1. I don’t stink. My clothes smell fresh and clean.
2. My teeth are whiter.
3. I can breathe without rattling, coughing, or wheezing.
4. I haven’t had to use my inhaler in 25 days.
5. I am proud of myself and my self-esteem has gone way up.
6. I feel better.
7. I am more comfortable with myself. Not constantly putting myself down for smoking and not taking care of me!
Just think about it. It is a miracle that I am not smoking. I never thought I could quit unless I was diagnosed with cancer or put on an oxygen tank. I may still end up with both but at least I quit smoking. That has to be the single most important thing I could have done to show myself that I love myself and I want to live!!! Did you hear that? I want to live. Wow! I am not on “self-destruct” anymore. I am finally capable of loving myself which means I can love someone else now. Thank you God for all the miracles you have given me. I am so grateful.
Something I read last night, “And I think I may as well be a non-smoker wanting to smoke as a smoker wanting to smoke – I always wanted a cigarette when I smoked so what’s new?!” It just makes since to me. There is a logic in that statement that I connected with.