Smoke Free 30 days!
What a deal. I got my new camera today! My reward for not smoking 30 days! It cost the same as the money I have saved from not smoking, actually about $100 less. I’m not going to act like it’s no big deal because it is a VERY BIG DEAL. Quitting smoking is the second thing I have done that will make the most profound difference on my life. The first of course was quitting drinking. Unbelievable to me that I am able to go an entire 30 days without a single puff. Phenomenal! I have to say that by myself I couldn’t do. God has taken care of the cravings and desire to quit. All I have done is the foot work. Ask for help, take my Chantix every day, read and write about quitting on Quitnet and on the Blogs.
I have a problem with ‘rewards’. Either I hate to spend the money– money that would have been spent on cigarettes that were killing me–or I feel like I don’t deserve it. Well by golly, I DESERVE IT, and so do you! So go out and reward yourself, whether you have 5 days or 500 days, reward yourself in some way. It doesn’t have to be monetary. I have made a list of my favorite FREE AND/OR INEXPENSIVE things you can do for yourself.
- Nice long bubble bath with candles and soft music.
- Spoil yourself with a magazine, buy one you don’t normally purchase.
- Learn a new hobby, crochet, knit, photography, scrapbooking, etc. Most are cheap to get started, just a few dollars.
- Buy a CD you have been wanting.
- Go for a walk and enjoy the scenery and the free and easy breathing.
- Take a weekend ‘get-a-way’. Sometimes close to home are museums or historical sites you haven’t visited. You don’t have to travel a long distance to enjoy a weekend out.
- Do something you couldn’t-or didn’t like to-do when you were smoking. Like going to the movies, the library, or linger in the no-smoking area at a restaurant.
- Have Sex. It’s great exercise and always a nice reward.
- Buy a piece of jewelry you’ve had your eye on but didn’t want to spend the money on. Now you have an excuse to buy those 1/2 caret diamond earrings. They don’t cost much more than a months worth of cigarettes.
- Got to a spa and have a pedicure or a manicure.
You can do something every week, i.e. magazines, or once a month or in a year. Whatever works for you. I am saving for my Giant Bike, $520 this spring so no more of these Camera buys between now and then.
Not smoking is awesome! Leave a comment and let me know what you are doing to reward yourself for not smoking.