American Idol-They are all Improving
Dolly Parton joined the show and I thought she was very honest in her appraisal of each contestant. Last nights performances were phenomenal despite what Simon had to say. Even Kristy Lee Cook made it through and entire song without singing a single flat note. Poor Paula was struggling though. I though for a moment she was going to fall out of her chair! Anyway, on to the highlights of last nights show.
- David Cook was good once again. Not great but good enough.
- Brooke White wasn’t too bad. I almost liked it.
- Carly Smithson was excellent as usual and like Dolly Parton said, that song was made for a voice like Carly’s.
- David Archuletta (see video below) – what can I say? He was outstanding. His performance was very professional and he kept his cool. Maybe he is maturing.
- Jason Castro was cute as usual and the song suited him.
- Michael Johns was unbelievable. He really impressed me with his vocals.
- Kristy Lee Cook as I said survived another song.
- Ramielle Malubay was just okay. I hate to say it but she just doesn’t have the voice to make it.
- Syesha Mercado was superb with her own version of “I Will Always Love You.”
So, who will be leaving tonight? It will be one of the following three:
- Ramielle Malubay
- Kristy Lee Cook
- Jason Castro
Kristy should go tonight, but I have been saying that for about three weeks now so we will have to wait and see! Who do you think should go tonight?