“Sometimes I do get to places just when God’s ready to have somebody click the shutter.” – Ansel Adams
“I am not afraid of storms, for I am learning to sail my ship.”
~Louisa May Alcott
One of my many favorite quotes is by Abraham Maslow, Psychologist, 1908-1970, “One can choose to go back toward safety or forward toward growth. growth must be chosen again and again; fear must be overcome again and again.””While we try to teach our children all about life, our children teach us what life is all about.”
Bread feeds the body, indeed, but flowers feed also the soul. ~The Koran
When you have only two pennies left in the world, buy a loaf of bread with one, and a lily with the other. ~Chinese Proverb
|“Life is like riding a bike. It is impossible to maintain your balance while standing still.”|
Author of Unlocking the Secrets of Successful Women in Business
2. A little sincerity is a dangerous thing, and a great deal of it is absolutely fatal.
3. A man can’t be too careful in the choice of his enemies.
4. A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction
5. A work of art is the unique result of a unique temperament.
6. All bad poetry springs from genuine feeling.
7. Art is the most intense mode of individualism that the world has known.
8. Beauty is a form of genius – is higher, indeed, than genius, as it needs no explanation. It is of the great facts in the world like sunlight, or springtime, or the reflection in dark water of that silver shell we call the moon.
9. Between men and women there is no friendship possible. There is passion, enmity, worship, love, but no friendship.
10. Children begin by loving their parents; after a time they judge them; rarely, if ever, do they forgive them.
11. Deceiving others. That is what the world calls a romance.
12. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future.
13. Experience is simply the name we give our mistakes.
Forgiveness is the scent that the rose leaves on
the heel that crushes it.
“Be beautiful if you can, wise if you want to… But be respected — that is essential.” — Anna Gould
“You can’t build a reputation on what you’re going to do.” —
“Accuracy builds credibility.” — Jim Rohn
“Live your life in every way to earn and keep the respect of the people you respect.” —
A bird does not sing because it has an answer. It sings because it has a song. ~Chinese Proverb
” I would rather be a non-smoker with the occasional urge to smoke than a smoker with a constant wish to quit”.
According to Allen Carr’s book, the nicotine is out of your system after 3 days, but it takes up to 28 days to flush the remaining 4000 toxins out of your system.
Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new. ~Brian Tracy
The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step. ~Lao Tzu
A man’s face is his autobiography. A woman’s face is her work of fiction. – Oscar Wilde
“Adulthood is defined by the willingness to accept full responsibility for where you are at in life; no longer blaming others or circumstances.”
Joe Westbrook, Networker and Student of Philosophy
US author & poet (1928 – )
US author & poet (1928 – )
US actress & comedienne (1936 – )